Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compost mixer

Options
  • 20-04-2019 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭

We have a compost bin but are looking for a corkscrew type tool to mix the compost.
    Any ideas where we might get one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We have a compost bin but are looking for a corkscrew type tool to mix the compost.
    Any ideas where we might get one?

Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Seen one in mcquillans blanch last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Amazon

There is one but they won't post to Irl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

thegardenshop.ie €18.50 next day delivery, iit's not a corkscrew type though, have a look at it, i googled "compost agitators "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't know if a plaster mixing tool on the end of a drill would work? Suspect the compost may be to wet, heavy and lumpy?

Most builders merchants would have these
    31gIRPkHO6L.jpg
    in various sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i don't think that would work, it's designed for fluid agitation rather than with solids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

secman wrote:
    thegardenshop.ie €18.50 next day delivery, iit's not a corkscrew type though, have a look at it, i googled "compost agitators "

Saw that but it is probably too short to fit into a conical bin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Saw that but it is probably too short to fit into a conical bin

I have 2 of those bins and i use a garden fork to agitate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I just use a garden fork combined with occasionally lifting the bin and turning the heap back in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

There is one but they won't post to Irl.
    Here are a couple of links to services that you can use to have items delivered to a UK address and then sent on. Only costs €3.95 per parcel:

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

https://www.parcelmotel.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

my3cents wrote: »
    I don't know if a plaster mixing tool on the end of a drill would work? Suspect the compost may be to wet, heavy and lumpy?

Most builders merchants would have these

31gIRPkHO6L.jpg
    in various sizes.
    You would have to run it in reverse to pull the compost up.

Advertisement