Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn seed

Options
  • 20-04-2019 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to pick up lawn seed to cover an area of about 1200 sq/m. I'm considering the No. 2 or Deluxe No. 2 from here; https://seeddirect.ie/lawn-seed.html. Has anyone any experience of the Deluxe version, or for those with better knowledge of grasses, are there any pro/cons I should be aware of. I assume it is less hard wearing. It is significantly more expensive, but not not concerned about this given the overall project - just don't want to waste money either if there is no major difference. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grass comes in three main grades 1 2 3. One is delicate basically a lawn you look at and never use but needs lots of regular mowing, two is general purpose and three is for harder wear. The standard No 2 is perfectly good no need to spend the extra fiver. The Delux version is a classic profit booster for the company as far as I'm concerned.

Advertisement