Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip to the US

Options
  • 20-04-2019 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I have a trip to the US at the end of May. What’s good value over there to consider buying? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Tandey

Guns.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Gangu wrote:
    I have a trip to the US at the end of May. What’s good value over there to consider buying? Thanks

Seriously? It depends what you need/want

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I hear chlorinated chicken is very fashionable. Can't get it here in Europe, so might be worth bringing some back for the relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Power tools

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Cars! They're seriously cheap compared to Europe, even European models :)

On a more serious note, prices end up being very similar - technology as in laptop and computer parts tend to come to the same nominal price as here, which means a bit of saving depending on how the USD is doing compared to the Euro (e.g. the same laptop that is 999 EUR here, tends to be 999 USD over there).

Other than that, be watchful that depending on the state you visit, the prices displayed on shelves might be without taxes - you'll get an unwelcome surprise at the till...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Link not working for me .... ???

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anything IT related (laptops etc) probably 25% or so cheaper.
    Funnily enough- phones may very well be cheaper here (depending on make/model).

Do your own research.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

The biggest bargain alert (in terms of savings) while traveling to the states are cartons of 200 cigarettes for about 45 USD in the state side duty free. At around 13 EUR for a box of 20, you are getting 130 euros worth of cigs for 45 USD / 40 eur. Nothing compares to that saving.

That being said, it’s still a terrible waste of money even at 45 USD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

CLOSING THIS UP AS ITS NOT A BARGAIN

OP: CLothes are prob the only thing I find cheaper in US.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement