Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepa delays

Options
  • 19-04-2019 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Are SEPA payments automated or do they require bank staff to be in work?

I thought it was all automatic but my boss said he paid all his employees today and nobody got anything, I assuming its cos its a bank holiday, still not good enough but at least a possible reason for none of us receiving the money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Bank holiday, there's your answer. Your employer should have done it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

As I've told him but I did think it was all automated so no staff wouldn't have made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If it was automated why would they need staff?

It was was automated every dodgy transfer would go through without any scrutiny. A lot more goes on behind the scenes than you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

It mostly is automated....but today is a European bank holiday along with monday so they wont be processed. If its a bank holiday here and not in rest of Europe SEPA transfers are still processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

368100 wrote: »
    It mostly is automated....but today is a European bank holiday along with monday so they wont be processed. If its a bank holiday here and not in rest of Europe SEPA transfers are still processed.

This - I process payments for my own business and nothing moves over the Easter weekend - including Friday and Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

RossieMan wrote: »
    If it was automated why would they need staff?

It was was automated every dodgy transfer would go through without any scrutiny. A lot more goes on behind the scenes than you think.

A fair point!

Advertisement