Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 RF Keypad Tamper issue

Options
  • 19-04-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

We have a HKC Quantum 70 system with a couple of PIRs, contacts and inertias on the doors and windows, and a remote RF Keypad. Yesterday, the keypad was dropped on the floor and the system went mad. The system started beeping loudly and GSM unit started sending out texts "date/time Tamper RF RKP 1 Tamper", and when we unset the system, we got the standard Unset message, but the system beeped loudly again and repeated the message again, with another text.

The Remote keypad is showing the "RF RKP 1 Tamper" message, anyone know how to get rid of this message please?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried opening the keypad and close the lid carefully untill you hear the tamper switch click closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you tried opening the keypad and close the lid carefully untill you hear the tamper switch click closed.
    I have just tried that. I did not hear a click, but it triggered a tamper alarm as soon as I picked up the remote.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you open the keypad and hold the tamper closed does the fault clear?

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you open the keypad and hold the tamper closed does the fault clear?

Hi, thank you for that. I located a diagram for the remote and located the tamper. There was a little rubber seat opposite the tamper, which had become dislodged, I put it back in position, and all was well with the world. Thanks for the nod about opening the unit and the tamper switch. Much appreciated.

Sorted!

• Advertisement

Your welcome. Thanks for the update.

Advertisement