Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Transfer from Irish to Spanish bank account

Options
  • 17-04-2019 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Quick question, for me to transfer euro from an Irish bank account to a Spanish bank account is this still treated as an international transfer? As in, are there still charges? I've been trying to look into SEPA (I'm new to the 26 counties).

Getting married next month in Spain and trying to work out the best way to pay suppliers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Sepa, no charges

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

kenmc wrote: »
    Sepa, no charges

Great, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Quick question, for me to transfer euro from an Irish bank account to a Spanish bank account is this still treated as an international transfer? As in, are there still charges? I've been trying to look into SEPA (I'm new to the 26 counties).

Getting married next month in Spain and trying to work out the best way to pay suppliers!

It's SEPA as Kenmc says that said you might have issues with how certain banks in Ireland are perceived. Ulster Bank transactions to Spain, some small banks might consider them as outside SEPA and they might charge a small commission to the recipient. That's my personal experience

Someone here might know better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Why would ub be outside sepa? Surely not yet anyway? And even then given ub Ireland have ie IBANs

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Why would ub be outside sepa? Surely not yet anyway? And even then given ub Ireland have ie IBANs

That was my personal experience.

The explanation they gave was that they seem to be UK registered. I am not saying is correct it's my experience. I didn't challenge the whole thing. It was a small fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

The UK is actually in SEPA , just not the EUROZONE. Having a EUR account in a bank in London is the same as having one in Paris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

jahalpin wrote: »
    The UK is actually in SEPA , just not the EUROZONE. Having a EUR account in a bank in London is the same as having one in Paris

EUR payments from UK banks must follow SEPA but GBP payments are not covered by SEPA.

Advertisement