Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycle electricals.

Options
  • 16-04-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi all,i have some electrical items to dispose of, fridge,cooker,oven and microwave would the recycler in finisklin take these for free?or would I have to pay at the dump ?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Should take them from free in the place down the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

dingding wrote: »
    Should take them from free in the place down the quays.

not free

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

The recycling centre down on Sligo docks will take any electrical appliance with a plug free of charge, anything I ever brought down I was never charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It was free two weeks ago. The only thing I had reservations about is they gave me a form on the way in. They wanted to know my email, car reg, phone number and postcode. Supposed to be compulsory for the council. I waited till the guy was talking to someone else as I was going out so I never gave it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

not free
    If it's a private site then of course it won't be free. However if it's a civic amenity site then it's free to dispose of any electrical household item. Check out weee.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.sligococo.ie/Environment/Waste/Recycling/WasteElectricalandElectronicEquipmentWEEE/

Some people may find it more convenient to actually bring their electrical equipment back to the recycling centres in the county FOR FREE – no gate charges apply. Anyone can bring back cookers, fridges, computers – indeed any electrical household appliance to the recycling centres in Deep Water Quay, Sligo Town, or in Tubbercurry for no cost whatsoever. This is all due to the financial support afforded through the WEEE charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Thanks all.

Advertisement