Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hole In Slab under removed shower pan

Options
  • 16-04-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi There,
    I recently removed a disused shower pan in the bathroom, under which there was a large enough cavity where the drain pipe sat and exited through the adjacent wall. Firstly it all seems do have been done fairly shabbily, but my intention is to remove the floor tiles in the rest of the small room (an extension out the back)... and fill the hole in the slab , and put a leveling compound over the floor... and then see what finish to put on it.
    Whats the best way of filling the hole?...Do I need pea stone or gravel with sand? Its quite shallow , maybe 8 inches at lowest point/..then the concrete?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 analfolklorest

How can I attach Pictures to the post

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

You cant as there is a threashold of 50 posts before you are allowed to attach images or post URL's.

Correct ratios for concrete wouldn't be my area, but for just filling a hole i dont think it would really matter.

I filled a hole in a cement footpath years ago and i think i just used 1 part water, 2 part cement, 3 parts sand. Still seems to be fine to this day. I doubt i even measured it accurately.

Since you are covering it anyway i wouldnt worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 analfolklorest

Maybe overthinking it alright? Just that the sub soil is exposed..broken smashed up slate as a base it seems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭7znbd9xmoiupye

you cant as new user.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,245 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

break up the URL into pieces and we will stitch it together and post the link
    eg www_myphotos_dot_com etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement