Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bareroot Laurel

Options
  • 16-04-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Is it too late to plant bareroot Laurel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Is it too late to plant bareroot Laurel?

I was supposed to plant a laurel hedge for someone last week and the suppliers they tried were all sold out. We could have got some small ones being ordered in by one supplier but his advice was that we were better off waiting until autumn when he could get us bigger laurel plants for a similar price. The bare root planting season is pretty much over until autumn and even if you could find some still for sale the chances of some plants failing if we get a run of drier weather is much greater now that temperatures are rising and days are longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

macraignil wrote: »
    I was supposed to plant a laurel hedge for someone last week and the suppliers they tried were all sold out. We could have got some small ones being ordered in by one supplier but his advice was that we were better off waiting until autumn when he could get us bigger laurel plants for a similar price. The bare root planting season is pretty much over until autumn and even if you could find some still for sale the chances of some plants failing if we get a run of drier weather is much greater now that temperatures are rising and days are longer.

Many thanks. That makes complete sense and is along the lines of what I was thinking. I just needed someone with know how to confirm! Thanks again.

Advertisement