Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir CRN

Options
  • 15-04-2019 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm out of contract with Eir (broadband, phone and TV)

I have tried to switch to sky but they say they can't take me as my CRN doesn't start with 888.

I rang Eir about this on 3 separate days. Cue hours of hold music, transfers to supervisors and other departments and... the Kicker... My call was dropped by Eir twice and they never rang back as their call centre can only take in coming calls.

Long story short.

Eir maintain my CRN doesn't start with 888 as my account is "old" even though I signed up with Eir during summer 2017.

This may be because I have a pstn line, the lady was unclear.

Sky can't find my line without this 888 CRN, Eir cant (won't?) give me one.

I suggested to Sky that I could just cancel my Eir and sign up to Sky as a phoneless, new customer but Sky said they couldn't find my house without the 888 CRN.

They can't find me using my address, Eircode, UAN or landline number.

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah that has come up a few times now, sky won't let people switch to them if they have a standard phone line. I'm not sure why they do this but the other companies don't. Really what Sky is saying is they don't want your business.
    You can switch to any other company except sky.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Hi,

your CRN not starting with 888 has nothing to do with it.

Porting your phone and broadband is no issue for an ISP, that actually knows, what they're doing.

The reason your CRN doesn't start with 888 (8881- standalone VDSL, 8882- standalone FTTH, 8883- standalone ADSL) is because you're in a bundle with Eir. So it's all under your regular phone number instead.

It may take your phone offline for a day or two, but that's about it. Broadband won't drop apart from the need to replace the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭grinder23

Sky are a joke when it comes to switching provider in the past they couldn't switch a family members account because she didn't have a pstn, only broadband which would of had an 888 number.

And the other day they told a friend that they couldn't move a Ftth connection because he had a pstn which he needs for his home alarm system.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

grinder23 wrote: »
    And the other day they told a friend that they couldn't move a Ftth connection because he had a pstn which he needs for his home alarm system.

Not wanting to keep the PSTN once you order FTTH from them is a budget decision. Not enough meat on the bone for them. A good few providers don't even have the faciltiy to do old fashioned PSTN for phone. Sky has, but doesn't want to pay for 2 lines.

That could have been solved by migrating the alarm system to gsm though.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Porting your phone and broadband is no issue for an ISP, that actually knows, what they're doing.

The reason your CRN doesn't start with 888 (8881- standalone VDSL, 8882- standalone FTTH, 8883- standalone ADSL) is because you're in a bundle with Eir. So it's all under your regular phone number instead.

Even years ago they had similar issues with ARD keys and addressing. Carbon copying their UK processes never worked out.

Find an ISP that isnt run by toddlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

ED E wrote: »
    Find an ISP that isnt run by toddlers.

At least thars an option these days ;)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cian5

Eirlol wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm out of contract with Eir (broadband, phone and TV)

I have tried to switch to sky but they say they can't take me as my CRN doesn't start with 888.

I rang Eir about this on 3 separate days. Cue hours of hold music, transfers to supervisors and other departments and... the Kicker... My call was dropped by Eir twice and they never rang back as their call centre can only take in coming calls.

Long story short.

Eir maintain my CRN doesn't start with 888 as my account is "old" even though I signed up with Eir during summer 2017.

This may be because I have a pstn line, the lady was unclear.

Sky can't find my line without this 888 CRN, Eir cant (won't?) give me one.

I suggested to Sky that I could just cancel my Eir and sign up to Sky as a phoneless, new customer but Sky said they couldn't find my house without the 888 CRN.

They can't find me using my address, Eircode, UAN or landline number.

Any advice?

In the same boat today. did you manage to get this resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

cian5 wrote: »
    In the same boat today. did you manage to get this resolved?

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Did anyone solve this? I'm getting CRN and UAN do not match from SKY??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moongirl_1988

Me too.

Same here today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Same here today

I solved mine. Did you port over a phone number or add eir mobiles to the package? If you find your very first bill from Eir it will have the original UAN, use that for switching. If you have a number to port over this is linked to the other UAN....at least in my case it was.....

Advertisement