Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC For Music Production

Options
  • 15-04-2019 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello all, wondering if anyone has any experience of building a PC for Music Production (using Reaper or Pro-tools First)
    I already have an external audio interface....and graphics should not be a big deal (on board graphics should be ok)...but I am not sure about processor/ram.

budget is 600e - 800e

appreciate any comments.
    mno101

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think RAM and SSD Storage are probably the most important features in a music production machine, as well as quiet case and components and any I've ever looked at seem to favour Intel chips over AMD (I'm not au fait enough with the software to know if there's a legit difference or mostly just a "branding" one).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Intel are the better chip in this case, they're much better at real-time applications. You want to use low latency buffer rates, you need fast single threaded speed.

An SSD is nice for loading plugins and samples. They're cheap enough so why not.

Advertisement