Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PureTelecom Broadband Unlimited €25

Options
  • 15-04-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Unlimited Broadband Deal with Pure Telecom.

Their €35/m deal is €25/m if you sign up as a Sligo Rovers fan via the link below or quote the deal on the phone.

* ‘Fair Usage applies’, €25 for 6 months, €45 thereafter. 18 month contract. Direct Debit and Online Billing.

www.puretelecom.ie/sligo-rovers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

*€25/m for for 12 months, €50 thereafter.

Website says

* ‘Fair Usage applies’, €25 for 6 months, €45 thereafter. 18 month contract. Direct Debit and Online Billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

* ‘Fair Usage applies’,
    Warning bells go off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Their €35/m deal is €25/m if you sign up as a Sligo Rovers fan via the link below or quote the deal on the phone.

Spreading the cost over 12 months is the equivalent of 35 Euro a month so no saving at all and therefore no bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

For what it's worth their customer service is very poor, if there is an issue they won't ring back on the day / time they have scheduled etc

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

What broadband speed they provide? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

peaceboi wrote: »

Same as Eir/Sky essentially. Up to 100mb, whatever the line can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Unlimited = 1TB per month.

How are companies allowed get away with that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

This is a ridiculous offer.

Was €35 per month
    Now €25 per month for the first 6 months, €45 per month after => (25*6)+(45*12) = €38.33 per month over the length of the contract.

The only way this makes sense is if the €35 per month also rises to €45 after the first 6 months, in which case you save €60.

d31b0y wrote: »
    The only way this makes sense is if the €35 per month also rises to €45 after the first 6 months, in which case you save €60.
    Their current broadband (no Sligo Rovers needed) and phone deal is currently €35 a month on a 12 month contract. So no increase after 6 months and unless someone is foolish enough to stay after the 12 month contract period they wont be paying any more than the €35 :)

seabee wrote: »
    For what it's worth their customer service is very poor, if there is an issue they won't ring back on the day / time they have scheduled etc
    Im currently with them on a €30/month, 12 month contract. Actually it works out at €32.50 approx as they charge an additional fee for the call answering/mailbox service. Better still was the fact that they credited me €50 as I had referred someone also on to them --- Yes, they do give a €50 credit for referrals although they dont broadcast it on their web site it seems.

Anyhow, I only had to contact them a couple of times since signing up back in November and I used their online contact form and to be fair they would have rang me then within a few minutes. No complaints from me in that regard.

peaceboi wrote: »
    As stated above by colm_mcm they provide the same speeds as Eir and Sky. I was with Eir for a year before moving to Pure late last year and prior to that I was with Sky and honestly there's no difference in them in relation to speeds.

However dont get me started on trying to make contact with Eir :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I would not go near a provider with a FUP.... Too dangerous

I would not go near a provider with a FUP.... Too dangerous

They pretty much all have one, all the main ones do anyway like eir, sky, virgin etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

seabee wrote: »

I'm with them since January @30pm phone and BB. totally unlimited and no caps.

I left Virgin for them and their customer service is second to none IMO. They messed up with a bill and it was dealt with promptly. I'd recommend them for customer service. I've called them 6 times and never waited for more than 90 seconds I'd say to speak with them. I probably will leave them next January just for the speeds alone with virgin/vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

They pretty much all have one, all the main ones do anyway like eir, sky, virgin etc.

with 98% certainty neither Sky nor Eir have FUP limitations on data for home broadband new customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I don't see where it says a fair use policy applies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Warning bells go off!!!

Mine went off when I read "Pure Telecom".

They're absolutely terrible. They're also notorious for using underhand methods to sign people up like ringing elderly and pressure selling.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Mine went off when I read "Pure Telecom".

They're absolutely terrible.
    Why?

Certainly not my experience of them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Virgin have absolute no limits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

with 98% certainty neither Sky nor Eir have FUP limitations on data for home broadband new customers

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/faqs-and-videos/broadband-overview/broadband/what-does-usage-allowance-mean/
    https://www.eir.ie/support/broadband/broadband-usage-allowance/

They all have usage limits buried somewhere in the small print. You'd really need to be taking the p! Ss before they contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

With them too and they were great to deal with over the phone. Got through to them in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

pippip wrote: »
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/faqs-and-videos/broadband-overview/broadband/what-does-usage-allowance-mean/
    https://www.eir.ie/support/broadband/broadband-usage-allowance/

They all have usage limits buried somewhere in the small print. You'd really need to be taking the p! Ss before they contact you.

The latest Eir bundle has no limits, no FUP. I should know, I had to inform one of their chat agents about it yesterday. :P

They have a fairly low 500Gb FUP, eir’s is 1Tb which would cover most people but 500Gb is reachable if you stream a lot etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Wrong

Virgin:- All Fibre Power Broadband services are subject to our Acceptable Usage Policy. The monthly data transfer allowance is 500GB for each broadband package Virgin Media offers.

Eir 1tb
    Vodafone 1tb

Wrong!

eir are completely unlimited for new customers and will remove the cap for existing customers if requested.

Multiple people in broadband forum do terabytes on Virgin with no issue. 500GB lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Fair usage policies are now a myth for the most part. They are there just to cover ISPs backsides in case a user starts taking the p*ss.

Used to use 2TB+ per month on Virgin. Never a problem.

Likely doing even more on Digiweb SIRO now and have no problems even though their website states the FUP is 1TB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

VM is also unlimited unless you are on some ancient package
    Eir is the same as already mentioned
    And many other providers give truly unlimited bandwidth

Lot's of false information about such stuff on this thread you'd almost be wondering is there an ulterior motive

fritzelly wrote: »
    Lot's of false information about such stuff on this thread
    It's certainly confusing to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

fritzelly wrote: »
    Lot's of false information about such stuff on this thread you'd almost be wondering is there an ulterior motive

I don't think it's anything sinister, just for some people their immediate reflex is to find some way in which the bargain is not actually a bargain.

BTW, this isn't even supposed to be a bargain, it's a way to support Sligo Rovers. The deal isn't great for random consumers, but it's not a bad price and if your club gets 100 quid out of it, no harm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've had multiple 2+TB months with Virgin and it's unlimited for sure

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement