Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

06 BMW E90 retrofit - Eonon head unit

• 15-04-2019 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Just installed an Eonon GA9165B to a 06 E90.
    Replacing the BMW Professional radio unit.

It was time consuming but certainly not difficult.
    All that was required was:
    • a Philips head screwdriver
    • Flat screwdriver
    • a T20 Torx driver
    • 8mm rachet /socket
    • Trim remover (supplied)
    • Wire hanger (to pull wiring)

Also came with a reversing camera but i have yet to install it. I did run the cables from the back of the unit to the footwell but now have to run it to the rear.

I have to say that i am most impressed.
    There are certain quirks to the system, especially if you try to modify it though the "factory settings" menu.

Otherwise, it is a great bit of kit.

The Radio allows for multiple stations to be saved by name (about 32) and easily viewable & accessed.

It immediately sounds better than the standard radio. More powerful, making better use of the spekers.
    There is also a much better graphic equaliser system allowing for customisation and decent presets for rock, pop, jazz etc.
    It also allows for easy reconfiguration of the speaker outputs to concentrate on Front, Driver, All etc.

Navigation includes Google Maps by default but you can also add others such as Waze, Sygic etc.
    I'm used to Google Maps so i use that, but have the others installed as well.

Google voice works, so all you have to do is click the mic icon & say "Navigate Home" (as an example).

Calls seem to work just fine. There is an inbuilt mic as well as an external mic so no loss of quality.

Steering wheel controls work out of the box.

Almost any Android apps can be installed as this is the equivalent of an Android tablet.
    So, Spotify, Pandora etc.

If you have a Bluetooth OBD connector then the likes of Torque also work, but with a better visual experience & built into the dash.

Some other enhancements include showing which door is open or if the boot is open and tire pressure monitoring.

It has about 3 usb ports to connect external storage or 3g/4g modems.

With an octa core processor & 4GB RAM & Android 8.1 it offers tons more functionality than a manufacturer provided system.

It's added Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS & Android apps into my 13 year old BMW with only 60K kms and that's not something i will get if i were to buy a 2011-2017 BMW with 60k Kms.

Comments

Advertisement