Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bog Oak

Options
  • 14-04-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hello All,

I have just dug up a large piece of bog oak in. the last few days and unsure how to go about selling it,

its 21 foot long about 26 inches high and about 39 inches across I had no idea it was this big when I asked the digger driver to remove it

I will have other bog oak/ wood pieces in the future I can see them coming through the surface of the bog but for now its just this piece I am trying to sell. What is the best way to go about doing that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'm not trying to be smart but how do you know it's oak?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

The best way to sell it, is put an asking price on it, in the correct forum.
    Adverts.ie
    Donedeal
    ect

Discuss the material here, but any sale details put on Adverts, and link to the ad from here.

keep all sales chit chat or offers by pm , please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if it's that size, maybe a sawmill would be interested. could be a bit of a stretch for you or them though to go any distance with a piece of wood that size if it's not particularly valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

kadman wrote: »
    The best way to sell it, is put an asking price on it, in the correct forum.
    Adverts.ie
    Donedeal
    ect

Discuss the material here, but any sale details put on Adverts, and link to the ad from here.

keep all sales chit chat or offers by pm , please.

Thanks for the advice I have an ad on donedeal already (unsure how to link it to this discussion) have not put one on adverts yet as you have to have a price on it, thanks again for the advice

if it's that size, maybe a sawmill would be interested. could be a bit of a stretch for you or them though to go any distance with a piece of wood that size if it's not particularly valuable.

That is not a bad idea there is a sawmill 3 miles away bit they are part of a group now so may not be interested,

before they were taken over it would have been a good choice

there is another one about 25/30 mile away but they are so big they may have no interest I know a guy who works there so I may ask him, thanks for your advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Suggest you report it to museum. It may be part of a boat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Odelay

nuac wrote: »
    Suggest you report it to museum. It may be part of a boat

That is the impression I get too.

My impression was that it could be made into a boat if it was straight its actually not straight when it was in the ground I never got the impression that it was as big as it is o or that it might be a boat can't imagine it ever was

Advertisement