Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Repair

Options
  • 12-04-2019 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of a reputable and not overly expensive place to get a watch repaired.

I know it's not an Omega or Rolex it's a much loved D & G watch -

Would just like to get it repaired and in use again.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Where abouts are you?

Depends on what needs doing, as many local jewellers will do the basics for you, and often inexpensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

With a D&G watch it's most likely a quartz movement - what's wrong with it? If it's a battery change I could probably pop open the case for you and plop a new one in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sorry to bump this, but figured it's better then a new thread.

I've a Diesel Cuff watch, that i absolutely love, that i would love to get repaired somewhere (in Dublin or Kildare if possible). It wasn't massively expensive, but i can't really afford to buy a new one at the moment. The seconds hand has come loose, as well as the 'S' in Diesel (still inside the glass though), and the glass itself is a bit scratched. Not sure if it's possible, but i'd love to get the glass replaced and back to working order.

Image of the watch (it's brown, but the same model)
    71XNlyD3XrL._UX342_.jpg

I've been using a smart watch for a while, and i miss the old school ones :P

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Local Jeweller should be able to fix the hand and the letter. The scuff on the glass might be able to be buffed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mikeder53

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I've four watches of different brands like Cartier, Tissot, Tag Heuer, and Longines. Currently, I'm facing issues with Tag Heuer watch and looking for a dedicated service in UK? Anyone got experience of Tag heuer watch service in past? Please suggest any company for repairing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi All.

I have inquired about watch repair in Dundrum Town centre.

It’s a specific repair shop for watches and jewellery. They seemed quite reasonable and quoted about 40 euro for a straightforward repair + i’m assuming parts. Sounded fair but haven’t had the chance to try.

Advertisement