Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help mental health

Options
  • 12-04-2019 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am due to qualify from my chosen field in the next few months.
    I have been under major pressure in both my personal life and also at my student job.

I have a part time student job and I honestly can't face it at the moment, it has become very stressful and toxic in recent times. My gp is aware of the stress I have been under at work and college etc. Gp has agreed that I should be signed off sick on work related stress.

However I am worried that this could impact on my professional field as I will be applying for jobs this summer when I qualify, any indication of stress/mental health issues would go again me.

Is there any other general criteria that my GP could sign me off on? I just need time away from this environment to build myself back up again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Ok, a little explanation is required. You have posted that you are due to qualify (congratulations) and can't face your student job. Are these connected and do you need the job to qualify? Also do you wish to be signed out of your studies or just your job?

If it is your studies you should look into deferring without bringing up your stress. From your post it appears to be only your job that you wish to be signed off from. If so, and if you don't need it to qualify, then just hand in your notice saying you need every spare minute for your studies. Don't worry about it and take care of yourself.

Mental health is the most difficult thing to deal with and it can appear that the world is caving in and every action will have an impact on the rest of your life. Don't let anyone belittle it by saying cop on, it's only a student job and you don't know what stress is. At the same time don't let a student job rule your well being.

I hope you deal with this. Seek help and take care of yourself. Nothing is insurmountable and what can seem as the end of the world, just isn't.

Advertisement