Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Predictions for Season 8

Options
  • 11-04-2019 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭

Though it would be a bit of fun to find out what predictions other fans have for the new season i.e main character deaths, who ends up on the Iron Throne and anything else you can think of. In terms of who ends up on the Iron throne at the end of the season I will give this to Cersei.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Winter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think the Iron Throne will no longer exist at the end. Kings Landing will be in ruin, the North overrun by White Walkers and the Night's Watch in charge of what's left of humanity led by Benjin Stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭billyhead

Actually I am beginning to think that the white walkers are actually the good guys so to speak and man the bad guys as they cant form an alliance and are always in battle with one another and the white walkers will ultimately prevail and defeat the human race

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I thought it was going to finish at the end of season 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,147 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The dragons will all die.
    Arya will survive.
    Jaime will kill Cersei and go out in a blaze of Glory.
    Tyrion will be hand to either John or Danaerys (probably John with Danaerys fulfilling the role of Nissa Nissa in the Azor Ahai prophecy) who will sit on the Iron Throne.

Bronn will get his castle (he bloody better!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hot Pie is the sole survivor and sits on the iron throne

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Season 8 even?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Jaime to kill Cersei, and to end up as Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch.

Brann to die killing the Night King somehow.

Ayra to kill the Mountain when he is about to kill the hound. Both Ayra and the hound survive.

Jon to become king and Dany his queen, Davos to be hand.

Tyrion to die at the hands of Cersei which leads to Jaime killing her.

The North to become its own kingdom with Sansa as queen.

Brienne and Tormund to get it on finally.

Nymeria to save Ayra at some stage.

Bronn to get his castle, a big one.

Very unlikely for most of this... as there will be twists... a few of the main characters have to die, I just don’t know who! Can’t wait for Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

we have a lot of major characters that unfortunately will be killed off in the sort amount of episodes in the last season. I predict that we will be blown away with a major character death in the opening ten minutes of the first episode tonight.

duffysfarm wrote: »
    we have a lot of major characters that unfortunately will be killed off in the sort amount of episodes in the last season. I predict that we will be blown away with a major character death in the opening ten minutes of the first episode tonight.

no Adult Content rating on the first episode so lessens the chance of that.

sounds more like a slow-burner build-up episode...?

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/03/11/game-thrones-season-8-episode-1-doesnt-adult-content-warning/

can the title of this thread get changed to "season 8"

there is no season 9. season 8 is the last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Underwhelming season that will leave fans frustrated but one or two epic battle scenes will create a smokescreen.

Basically season 6-7

I assume you mean season 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Want Benjin Stark torn apart by Whitewalkers?

My predictions:

Bronn gets The Vale
    Cersei kills Tyrion, Jaime kills Cersei or sacrifices himself to kill her
    Jim gets a dragon
    The mother of dragons takes control of the ice dragon too
    Mormont becomes Lord Commander
    Arya disappears presumed dead, post credit scene reveals she’s living nomad with Nymeria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Bran is odds on favourite to sit on the Iron Throne. For realsies. Don't know why.

Bran to have some involvement in the creation of the white walkers.

Bran or another main character to become a White Walker.

Dany goes bad or dies early.

Lots of big epic battles. Same accelerated pace as last season with gaps in the logic of the world like last season.

Personally I want the white walkers to win, and there to be some exploration of what things are like after they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Underwhelming season that will leave fans frustrated but one or two epic battle scenes will create a smokescreen.

Basically season 6-7

I assume you mean season 8.
    Some may call you cynical and a party pooper but not me. There’s definitely a massive drop off in the standard of writing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Zombie Ned Stark, Ramsay Bolton and Littlefinger in the first episode as the dead storm Winter fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mins too go
    Enjoy everyone haven't been this excited about a TV series in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

It will get less dull than the first episode has been so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Dragons and tits.

Also, Bronn gets his castle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Closing thread as the season has started and we got dedicated speculation threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement