Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clear paint protective film

• 11-04-2019 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there are any detailers in Dublin that apply the clear paint protective film ? Has anyone got this film fitted and if so what do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Not Dublin but Flawless Detailing in Drogheda do Expel Paint protection film:

Flawless Detailing
    Unit 4A Boyne Business Park,
    Drogheda,
    Co.Louth.
    A92 Y031

T: 0851464162 / 0419873576
    E: info@flawless.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

I was going to but it was too expensive... Front and hood was going to be almost 2k...

I've since also come to the realisation it's not really worth it unless you have a super high value car you're not driving much and wanting to preserve for collections etc.

Replacing it every 3/4 years or if it tears etc probably works out more expensive than getting whatever damaged parts resprayed. Or rock chips fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

2k is a silly amount of money to be spending on that. Surely they are pricing it like that cause no one else is doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    2k is a silly amount of money to be spending on that. Surely they are pricing it like that cause no one else is doing it.

Venture across to the UK and price up Xpel PPF converage on the same area's and I'll bet you won't see too much difference. Xpel PPF material on it's own is extremely expensive to purchase. Add in the cost of buying a vinyl plotter to cut the pre-designed templates and you are talking big money.

The cost of under-taking becoming Xpel trained and then being set up to offer it, is very expensive.........I know, I met Xpel representatives and considered it, but i didn't consider it's feasible currently. Whether people want to hear it or not, when it comes to car care and the mindset attached, Ireland is decades most other countries. Flawless Detailing should be applauded for trying to push car care services in this country in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Medis

I applied for my V-Class, 2 years ago. 1200e full bra + door cups. It was worth the money. I wraped the door myself. I the next few days I will aply soon PPF for 2019 W213.

• Advertisement

At least a few companies do this.

How can you compare painting with PPF?! When you use PPF, you still have the original paint, instead of the repainted car several times.

Advertisement