Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulch in large quantities

Options
  • 11-04-2019 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to get large quantise of composted mulch as cheap as possible? Do the bin companies sell there composted brown bin waste?

I just bought a house and want to start designing beds and mulching heavily but I don’t an awful lot of disposable income at the minute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Does anyone know where to get large quantise of composted mulch as cheap as possible? Do the bin companies sell there composted brown bin waste?

I just bought a house and want to start designing beds and mulching heavily but I don’t an awful lot of disposable income at the minute.

Try adverts or donedeal! If you have your own trailer you could pick up a few tonne cheap enough. The cost is in delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,027 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

lawred2 wrote: »
    Try adverts or donedeal! If you have your own trailer you could pick up a few tonne cheap enough. The cost is in delivery.

A couple of tonne would require a big tow vehicle and a BE licence, not many people have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Probably a fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

The bin companies do sell brown bin waste compost but you do not want it in your garden due to smell.

Due to people's filthy habits the compost contains a small amount of plastic per tonne, things like crushed disposable forks, sachets of ketchup etc. All the things that are too small to remove.

Its sold to farmers as a fertiliser.

Look up enrich near kilkock. They run there own composting facility with no food waste stuff and sell half tonne bags of various products

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

Meath, I have used the brown bin compost on farmland for a number of years. It's more of a soil conditioner than a fertiliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭eusap

There is a green waster recycler near Maynooth (quick google) and he takes in Trees/grass etc.... and shreds it up into compost/mulch and sells it at good rates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

eusap wrote: »
    There is a green waster recycler near Maynooth (quick google) and he takes in Trees/grass etc.... and shreds it up into compost/mulch and sells it at good rates

Is there anything similar in Kerry?

Advertisement