Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim issue ?

Options
  • 10-04-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

Rather strange situation here, Risco Agility3 alarm, Current sim seems dead, so picked up an eir paygo sim, removed the pin requirement and all worked well, however it was far to costly to use in this manor as the data usage was working out at 1.70 each time it was armed or disarmed from the cloud app.

Back to the eir store i go, and purchased a 30 day bill sim, 30 GB of data, repeat the same situation, disable the sim, and the panel refuses to connect :(

Eir webchat say, the two sim cards are identical. a touch lost here now as to what could be the issue.

Anybody else ever encounter this strange behavior ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Could the panel be looking for a 2g enabled sim and the Eir be 3g.
    Did you restart the panel after inserting the new sim?
    Could they not just transfer the sim that's working on to your bill account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Only getting back to this now, After many calls to Eir, and Risco, nobody could really shine any light on the Sim issue. However Risco did inform me that the original sim which they provided could be reloaded via CSL to have credit applied.

CSL we're great when i contacted them, easy enough process to sort the credit and the app fired up like there was never an issue ..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for the update. ðŸ‘

Advertisement