Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP 7134 printer and 4.8k pages ink €120

Options
  • 08-04-2019 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

There is a promotion with HP Instant Ink that allows you to get 12 months for free Instant Ink subscription if you get a printer. This allows you print 300 pages per month.

In my case I got this printer https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/printers-scanners-and-ink/printers/hp-envy-photo-7134-all-in-one-wireless-inkjet-printer-10168013-pdt.html which also includes a coupon for extra 40 euro credit.

To activate credit you must call HP, as card inside box is in UK currency. 300 pages/month plan costs €10 so this works out as extra 4 months at most expensive plan and much longer if using cheaper plans.

It means you can print 4800 pages for 2.5 cent per page plus cost of paper. It is not a bad price if you are printing photos. You also get to keep printer with scanner. There is no requirement to use subscription inks.

I think there are other printers available with free months, but no first hand experience there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Can you order the ink and stockpile it? Nobody I know would use anything like that much ink outside of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not with Instant Ink you pay a monthly fee to use the printer and it let's you pay 300 pages a month and if you go over you pay more.

My own printer is a hp ink like this I get 15 pages a month for free and the ink for free it does the job of return labels and boardining passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Not really a "deal" but just on the topic:
    Bought this printer because I'm printing literally thousands of pages for University per month. I've only had it about 7 months and it's already paid for it's self. The print quality is nothing to jump around about and it's slow as the wit weekend at printing but it's saved me a bloody fortune. Might be of interest if you're dong a LOT of printing.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/printers-scanners-and-ink/printers/epson-ecotank-et-2650-all-in-one-wireless-inkjet-printer-10157854-pdt.html

Edit: forgot to mention - I buy the black ink for 15 quid it prints 4000+ pages from the one bottle.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Miike wrote: »
    Not really a "deal" but just on the topic:
    Bought this printer because I'm printing literally thousands of pages for University per month. I've only had it about 7 months and it's already paid for it's self. The print quality is nothing to jump around about and it's slow as the wit weekend at printing but it's saved me a bloody fortune. Might be of interest if you're dong a LOT of printing.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/printers-scanners-and-ink/printers/epson-ecotank-et-2650-all-in-one-wireless-inkjet-printer-10157854-pdt.html

Edit: forgot to mention - I buy the black ink for 15 quid it prints 4000+ pages from the one bottle.

My sister is doing a masters in primary teaching and is going through a mountain of paper/printing. Our family printer couldn't cope with it. She was spending €60 on cartridges every 2 weeks. My parents got her the linked printer for Christmas. The ink is still going strong in it and it has definitely paid for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

My sister is doing a masters in primary teaching and is going through a mountain of paper/printing. Our family printer couldn't cope with it. She was spending €60 on cartridges every 2 weeks. My parents got her the linked printer for Christmas. The ink is still going strong in it and it has definitely paid for itself.

would a laser printer not make sense for that amount of printing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Laser toner is stupidly expensive compared with the printer I linked though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That's what I thought but I think per page these subscriptions offers work out cheaper at least for the introductory offers. I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

beauf wrote: »
    That's what I thought but I think per page these subscriptions offers work out cheaper at least for the introductory offers. I'm open to correction.

It really depends on nature of printing, if you are printing mostly text and in more that 300 pages per month then those subscriptions are not that good, even considering that first 300 pages are free as cost of subsequent ones is relatively high.

Now if you are printing mostly pictures, this may work. However I printed maybe 7 pictures on cartridges that came with printer and waiting for delivery of next ones. No idea when to expect them, they do not seem to be shipped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thecutter

I picked up an Epson ET2710 which is one of their Ecotank printers.
    I paid €239 but it gives me unlimited free printing for the next 2 years, a great deal as I usually print approx 300 pages per week let alone a month!
    Bought it in Harvey Norman, but I dont see it on their website...
    But here it is in another online store, which looks more expensive than bricks & mortar store for once!
    https://www.huntoffice.ie/epson-et-2710-inkjet-all-in-one-printer-3-in-1.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement