Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to purchase a new quiet keyboard

Options
  • 07-04-2019 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi guys, hopefully I've posted this in the correct place.

TLDR: Looking for a quiet mechanical keyboard with a budget of €90 or below that will be used mostly for typing and very light gaming.

I've been using a budget keyboard for the past two years and I feel it's now time to upgrade to something nicer.

I don't game all that much, it would mainly be used for microsoft word/excel etc. and noise reduction would be one of the main things I'm after. From looking around, Cherry seem to be the top company for switches and the MX Brown seems to have a nice balance between tactile feedback with quiet keys if I understand correctly.

I don't know a tonne about keyboards but I've found what some might consider a good deal. It's the "MSI GK-701" and it's currently on sale for £44.98 at CCL Computers. Another one I've looked at is the "Corsair K70 LUX Red LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard" (also brown switches) from Amazon at £79.99.

I'm leaning toward the MSI one due to the price but it would be very much appreciated if anyone would have any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement