Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do I get anxiety over doing things out of the ordinary?

Options
  • 07-04-2019 12:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi

I always seem to get anxiety about doing social things that are out of the ordinary. I'm a 23M.

I bought tickets for my parents, brothers and my self to go see a comedy show in a hotel in a few weeks. My parents love the comedian, and it was mums birthday a while back, so I bought the tickets for the Birthday.

I don't want to go in case something goes wrong - for example, there are assigned tables for seating. I bought the tickets in two transactions, so I emailed the event organizer saying this, and asking could we all sit together. He said it won't be a problem, but I'm still nervous we won't be together.

I'm also nervous about leaving our dogs home alone for a night. They are never home alone for more than 1 hour.

I know I'm being stupid. But I can't shake the anxiety over it. I have no reason to feel like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

devlinio wrote: »
    Hi

I always seem to get anxiety about doing social things that are out of the ordinary. I'm a 23M.

I bought tickets for my parents, brothers and my self to go see a comedy show in a hotel in a few weeks. My parents love the comedian, and it was mums birthday a while back, so I bought the tickets for the Birthday.

I don't want to go in case something goes wrong - for example, there are assigned tables for seating. I bought the tickets in two transactions, so I emailed the event organizer saying this, and asking could we all sit together. He said it won't be a problem, but I'm still nervous we won't be together.

I'm also nervous about leaving our dogs home alone for a night. They are never home alone for more than 1 hour.

I know I'm being stupid. But I can't shake the anxiety over it. I have no reason to feel like this.

Hi devlinio,

I get like this for similar situations. I'm currently feeling anxious about a mail I've to send in work tomorrow. But it's not the mail making me anxious it's the possible response. Is that how you feel that it's not the idea of sitting apart from your parents but it's the whole having to get it fixed, finding a manager being relocated and causing hassle? Same with the dogs is it the worry that the dogs will notice that they are alone and they will get distressed?

Advertisement