Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The old boy died, need some advice.

Options
  • 06-04-2019 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

He was a good old age, it was relatively quick at least and we were with him. Had him for 15 years. All still a bit shook TBH

I've dealt with our previous dogs passing away but it was always at a time of day/place when I could sort out burial or removal with vets.

Question is, am I okay leaving his remains overnight before ringing vets tomorrow to sort out removal etc? Vets is closed now so will only get out of hours emergency service and I'm not really ready to deal with it yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Bambi wrote: »
    He was a good old age, it was relatively quick at least and we were with him. Had him for 15 years. All still a bit shook TBH

I've dealt with our previous dogs passing away but it was always at a time of day/place when I could sort out burial or removal with vets.

Question is, am I okay leaving his remains overnight before ringing vets tomorrow to sort out removal etc? Vets is closed now so will only get out of hours emergency service and I'm not really ready to deal with it yet.

Sorry for your loss, I've been there and know how heart breaking it is. Time is a great healer, grieve, take your time - it gets easier.

Call your vet tomorrow and arrange a time to pick him up. Most practices run an out of hours Sunday emergency service, you could arrange to meet at a time when someone is there to help you. Our old boy died on a Saturday afternoon too, we collected him the next day.

Think about what you'd like to do, cremation? Burial at home (that's what we did, we planted a beech tree on his resting place).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Sorry to hear about your old friend going.
    You are fortunate that you were there to see him off.

No problem with leaving him overnight

If you have space to bury him at home a couple of hours in the morning should do the job but if not the vet will put you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Sorry you hear about your friend.
    Are you planning on having him cremated? Is that why you are calling the vet?

Advertisement