Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to Upgrade An Existing Alarm and ensure the upgrade can be used with Smart Techn

Options
  • 06-04-2019 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys

We have alarm that has sensors, now I want to upgrade it as it's old and I want the upgrade to be line with smart technology ( apps that will turn it on or off, apps that alert you when it goes off and ideally it can be used with a home assistant)

Anybody got suggestions of a firm in Dublin that could help me ? Plus what price I may expect to pay ?

Any response appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most good installers would be able to quote you for a system like this.
    Where are you located?
    Also look at the sticky here for information on apps and the differences between different offerings

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/109856113

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Based in Dublin, the alarm systems that are operated by NEST in the USA, will they become available here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

whiz wrote: »
    Based in Dublin, the alarm systems that are operated by NEST in the USA, will they become available here ?

Enquired about this recently. They've no timeframe to release them here, however, if you get a US one, it will work here, just not be recognised by your insurance company.

Personally, I'm visiting the US shortly & am going to pick one up, I'll use it in conjunction with the existing alarm as it can be geofenced for arming. it won't let me turn off or re-set my current alarm, but I'll be notified to check my cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

The NEST product from USA, there is no way to get it to turn on or turn off an existing alarm, using the NEST app ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

whiz wrote: »
    The NEST product from USA, there is no way to get it to turn on or turn off an existing alarm, using the NEST app ?

No

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Regarding smart alarm systems, DIY install of same and IOT / home automation in general you may be better off posting here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1777

Advertisement