Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox one controller issue PC

Options
  • 04-04-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Ok So i have been using my Xbox one controller wired on the PC without issue for awhile now, decided to set it up for wireless, so bought offical battery pack and a blue tooth dongle thingy.

Anyway i can install it fine and it works, until i plug it back in and then the joypad just goes dead. Its dead when wired and when i plug it out the xbox button just keeps flashing and doesnt go solid.

The only way so far i can get it to work again is to remove it as a bluetooth device and readd it. A pain in the arse and shouldnt be the case.

Anybody ever have this issue? know a fix?

I went into steam big picture mode and unchecked all boxes, hoping it was steam causing some sort of conflict but doesnt seem to be, is there something on steam i defo should have enabled/checked?

Should i just download the xbox software?

Any advice plz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I gave mine away due to that exact issue and went back to the wired 360

Loads of "solutions" but none of them actually worked, that was 2 tears ago assumed it would be fine by now.

So no help from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'd check if a firmware update is needed with XBOX Accessories app from Windows 10 Store.
    Btw, you don't need to create a MS a/c to get the app.

https://www.howtogeek.com/267520/how-to-update-your-xbox-one-controllers-firmware-without-an-xbox-one/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Moon54 wrote: »
    I'd check if a firmware update is needed with XBOX Accessories app from Windows 10 Store.
    Btw, you don't need to create a MS a/c to get the app.

https://www.howtogeek.com/267520/how-to-update-your-xbox-one-controllers-firmware-without-an-xbox-one/

Yeah the app just made an account for me, just generated a random username and that was that.. no password necessary :confused:

anyway..

I've found nothing works, i just think its down to microsoft being ****. I asked a friend who claims he never had issues with the pad to check something, and then the same thing happened to him, perhaps its a recent update thats caused it?

Anyway, a work around was found, for anybody with the same issue, just dont charge it through your PC, just stick it in a wall socket and its grand.

Plugging it in through the PC is what causes the issue, when its wired it just auto turns off the bluetooth, which is right, it just doesnt reconnect when unplugged which is the actual issue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I bought a cheap bluetooth dongle with my Xbox one controller for my PC and it kept losing connection constantly

Did some googling and found out I should've been using the official one and it resolved all my issues
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074QMN4YW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The controller has been perfect since buying the above

Advertisement