Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet (Irish B&M Store)

Options
  • 04-04-2019 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Looking for something that'll do the job for kids making Lego movies, watching videos and maybe playing basic games. Am normally happy to wait for a great online deal but would love something handy I can pick up over the weekend. Anywhere around the M50 so I guess the likes of Argos, Curry's/PCW, Harvey Norman, Smyth's (?), etc? Want Android not Apple. Not too fussed on specs once it covers the essentials above.
    Thanks in advance for any recommendations! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

g0g wrote: »
    Looking for something that'll do the job for kids making Lego movies, watching videos and maybe playing basic games. Am normally happy to wait for a great online deal but would love something handy I can pick up over the weekend. Anywhere around the M50 so I guess the likes of Argos, Curry's/PCW, Harvey Norman, Smyth's (?), etc? Want Android not Apple. Not too fussed on specs once it covers the essentials above.
    Thanks in advance for any recommendations! :)
    Also, maybe sub-200 possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Power city has the 8 inch Huawei m3 mediapad for sale. It can be got for 159 sterling on Amazon. But last time I looked it was 170 so not bad for b and m store

Edited to say I use Amazon kindles for the kids with kids profiles set up on it. Worth the peace of mind but it does require you to stick a password in to allow them watch a movie and lock down the internet (if you so wish). I got the foam cases on eBay and they've been bounced around the house and still going strong. Worth considering depending on the age of your kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

ImARebel wrote: »
    Power city has the 8 inch Huawei m3 mediapad for sale. It can be got for 159 sterling on Amazon. But last time I looked it was 170 so not bad for b and m store

Edited to say I use Amazon kindles for the kids with kids profiles set up on it. Worth the peace of mind but it does require you to stick a password in to allow them watch a movie and lock down the internet (if you so wish). I got the foam cases on eBay and they've been bounced around the house and still going strong. Worth considering depending on the age of your kids
    Nice one thanks will check out that one in PC.

Thanks for Kindle tip too. I read a lot and was on the verge of picking the Fire HD8 instead then a lot of reviews said you lose a lot not having the normal Android stuff, and sideloading Playstore removes the ability to have a child mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

No idea I didn't sideload the kids tablets I just used them as is. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

g0g wrote: »
    Nice one thanks will check out that one in PC.

Thanks for Kindle tip too. I read a lot and was on the verge of picking the Fire HD8 instead then a lot of reviews said you lose a lot not having the normal Android stuff, and sideloading Playstore removes the ability to have a child mode?

My kids have fire tablets and I put play store etc on them,it takes 5 minutes,you can set up parental controls on them. Once you set them up,they are linked to your Amazon account but you can disable virtually anything you don't want them to access. You can also remove any card in your Amazon account from the tablets which prevents them from buying ebooks etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement