Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden , bare patches

Options
  • 04-04-2019 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a garden at the rear of a house that is 10 year old , I have started to do a bit of planting and weeding. I have a problem with a couple of bare patches ...see pic , the rest of the lawn could do with a it of feed I suppose , I just wondered is it just a matter of giving bare patches a good rake ,throw on grass seed ? Unfortunately, i have had this type of lawn issues before , never really got it sorted satisfactorily ...any advice appreciated, trying to keep costs down , with new move etc ...just to improve lawn to a reasonable degree
    ..thank you , paddy.

Pic didnt seem to attach, two areas of 5x5 feet approx ../ bare patches thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Remove all the weeds you can, either by hand with the help of a weed picking tool or else get a knapsack and some of the treatements that target broadleave weeds only.

Once you are relatively satisfied with this I would put down a feed, give it a few weeks, then turn and break up the soil in the bare patches, cut your existing grass tight for this cut and then put down grass seed in the bare patches and cover with a light compost and water every day for a few weeks.

Don't cut it for a few weeks after planting the seed as you will only disturb the new grass.

Advertisement