Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC App & Wi-Fi Issue

Options
  • 03-04-2019 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭

Something has changed on either the app or my phone but now when connected to Wi-Fi on the phone I can't connect to my site on the HKC app.

Once I turn off Wi-Fi and go back to 4G data I can connect fine.

The Wi-Fi works fine for other apps

Error attached

Anyone seen this at all?
    Phone is a Huawei p20

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Curious. Can any other phones or devices connect? Has anything changed with your router or Internet provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

This is on the WiFi in work so not able to find out if anything has changed.

Will check the WiFi at home later - if it works there I'll just put it down to the office Wi-Fi but even then it's an odd one.
    Will have an unofficial chat to the IT guy if it happens to work at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

frash wrote: »
    This is on the WiFi in work so not able to find out if anything has changed.

Will check the WiFi at home later - if it works there I'll just put it down to the office Wi-Fi but even then it's an odd one.
    Will have an unofficial chat to the IT guy if it happens to work at home.

Your wifi in work more than likely has ports blocked.
    The IT will more than likely confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

altor wrote: »
    Your wifi in work more than likely has ports blocked.
    The IT will more than likely confirm this.

Yeah looks that way - works fine on the Wi-Fi at home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Most company's will have ports blocked on there network.

Thats the good thing of having texts for alarm activation's as well as the App with the HKC system as most will never know of alarm activation's if ports are blocked for the app by employers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably best to stick with your data connection while in work. Most packages are generous enough now.

Advertisement