Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral cat

Options
  • 02-04-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi, I have a feral/stray cat that's been living in my shed the past two years. There was a cat flap on it. It didnt bother me so I made her a bed. Im making an educated guess it's a her because she has a cut right ear which makes me believe it was a catch release neuter. Anyway, I've been feeding her dry food, shes really nasty, I've never touched or pet her, she hisses when I go out into garden before running off but I feel sorry for her so I've taken to the task of keeping her fed the last two years. im moving house shortly, I doubt the next person to move in will want her around with her hissing etc... what will happen to her if no one feeds her when I'm gone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi, I have a feral/stray cat that's been living in my shed the past two years. There was a cat flap on it. It didnt bother me so I made her a bed. Im making an educated guess it's a her because she has a cut right ear which makes me believe it was a catch release neuter. Anyway, I've been feeding her dry food, shes really nasty, I've never touched or pet her, she hisses when I go out into garden before running off but I feel sorry for her so I've taken to the task of keeping her fed the last two years. im moving house shortly, I doubt the next person to move in will want her around with her hissing etc... what will happen to her if no one feeds her when I'm gone?

a hard one and bless you for caring. Can you contact a local rescue group? When I moved I had to leave a feral in the house as I could not crate her so that is what I did. They will know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

Graces7 wrote: »
    a hard one and bless you for caring. Can you contact a local rescue group? When I moved I had to leave a feral in the house as I could not crate her so that is what I did. They will know what to do.

I'm living in Dublin 15 any recommendations. I initially got onto <snip> and they basically didnt want to know about her. Cant blame them mind you. Theres thousands of ferals/strays around. Do you think she will be able to fend for herself when I'm gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I'm living in Dublin 15 any recommendations. I initially got onto <snip> and they basically didnt want to know about her. Cant blame them mind you. Theres thousands of ferals/strays around. Do you think she will be able to fend for herself when I'm gone?

Probably as she did before you, and easier at this season than in winter.

When I moved to Connemara from Kerry I managed to catch the feral I had been feeding for years but when he was released he vanished. They are fiercely territorial and will "home"

Sorry; cannot help re Dublin. Surely someone else will

Advertisement