Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat has paint on her fur

Options
  • 02-04-2019 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I look after a few stray cats, and the most friendly one turned up today with orange paint on her. She is black and white, and it's very obvious especially on her face. I tried warm water on it and it won't come out. Not sure what to do next. It's mostly on her face, in areas that she cannot lick, so I don't think she will be tasting it. I'm guessing I can't use white spirits/turpentine on her, so does anyone have any suggestions, or should I just leave it and maybe it will fade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Just leave it. The hairs will fall out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I second the the just leaving it, it might look terrible but give it a week or so and most of it will be gone. Source: my cat likes to get into everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Cool. thanks for the advice. I'll just laugh at her for a few days until it fades :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cool. thanks for the advice. I'll just laugh at her for a few days until it fades :P

I once had pink tinged cats a while.. new Siamese colour point is pink.. never a worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

My cousin tried to put red nail varnish on my cats paws and nose before!! She looked ridiculous.

It wore away after a few days anyway.

• Advertisement

She's back again this week with blue paint on her. The orange is nearly gone though. Seriously, this cat is mad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

She's back again this week with blue paint on her. The orange is nearly gone though. Seriously, this cat is mad! :D

ah they are the best cats! Well should she stray, describing her will be easy... multicoloured ..

Graces7 wrote: »
    ah they are the best cats! Well should she stray, describing her will be easy... multicoloured ..

Yeah, I'll just say she's black and white...and blue and orange :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Do you think these episodes are incidents, or maybe someone is intentionally painting your cat?

Nah, I think she is just curious and gets herself into situations. There's some building work going on with a couple of the neighbours; she's probably rubbing against work going on there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement