Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking an android phone abroad

Options
  • 02-04-2019 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭

Had asked 3 mobile to unlock my mobile, but they demanded a 100 euro top up before they're to it, a bit saucy imo. Is it possible to do do abroad without 3 mobile intervention and make it compatable with local SIM card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Had asked 3 mobile to unlock my mobile, but they demanded a 100 euro top up before they're to it, a bit saucy imo. Is it possible to do do abroad without 3 mobile intervention and make it compatable with local SIM card?

Do it online before you head off? Plenty of company's online that offer unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Do it online before you head off? Plenty of company's online that offer unlocking.

Too late for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

sugarman wrote: »
    Why? Most sellers on eBay will message you the code within the hour.

Exactly, I'd rather do it online and get the code than try find a shop that may or may not do it.

I can imagine most GSM shops abroad would only have the ability to unlock phones from that country, where as online you'll get the option.

If your wondering if you can use a foreign sim card to start the unlock process on the phone, the answer is yes.

Advertisement