Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio & Cobblelock Care

Options
  • 02-04-2019 1:56pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see there are a number of specific threads on this whereas I was looking for some all-round info (which isn't really in the threads I saw).

What is the best maintenance/care plan for patio & cobblelock areas?

Cleaning: do I powerhose or is there a better way to clean the stone that won't remove the sand)?
    I have a Karcher patio device thingy that I've not yet used. Is this better/safer than the regular powerhose approach?
    Should I use any chemical detergent?

Sanding: I bought some weed block paving sand from B&Q last year which was alright. Is this ok or is there something in bigger bags that you can get?
    What do you all use? Should I just use regular paving sand?
    Currently there is no movement of the patio slabs or cobblelock (thankfully). I assume that I shouldn't be using a rubber mallet to settle anything then.

Sealing: will this help protect the colour or will it turn dirty again after a few weeks?
    What sealant product would you all advise?

Anything else that I should be aware of?
    We've a decent sized patio (~30m2) and a fair bit of cobblelock (100m2?) so the less backache the better!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭rje66

K.I.S.S.
    Power wash once/twice a year.
    Replace sand in joints as needed after washing.
    Spray any weeds in areas as needed with round up.
    Wouldn't bother sealing.
    That's it.

Advertisement