Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caught Insta Creeping

Options
  • 01-04-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone,

I did it... I finally got caught creeping on someone's FB and now I am in some sort of panic mode that won't seem to go away!

What happened was this...

My partner is friends with a girl who is also a model. She has been going through a rough time at the moment so the three of us have been hanging out a bit more recently. She is beautiful (not as beautiful as my OH in my eyes) and last night when out for a drink I was going through this woman's photos on Instagram with my partner and we were just saying how beautiful she was. My OH was lolling at me about it and thought it was gas. There was one photo where the girl was on a beach and basically nude. I stopped then. The entire thing lasted a few mins and then we went home.

Today I noticed that I liked it. I liked a flipping photo from 2010. At 12.30AM. On a Sunday night. And we're all going on holidays together in 3 weeks.

My partner doesn't care and laughed it off but now I am going to look like a serious creep.

Do I ignore that it happened? I since unliked it but she def saw it as I only noticed it a few hours ago. I could always message her and say whoops... SOZ.

I want to dig a hole and bury myself in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

Just laugh it off and move on. We've all been in that hole, while its not fun $hit happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How many followers does she have? If she has lots, then it’s probable that she also gets lots of likes and won’t notice one amongst many.

Does she even look at the likes/interactions?

I think you’re placing too much emphasis on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'd say, if she brings it up in Conversation.

She asks 'did you like the photo?'

Say 'Yeah', then put on some sunglasses like that guy from CSI Miami.

But to be serious; your partner knows and she knows. Apart from a bit of embarrasment it's a non issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks oLoonatic, I am trying my best to forget about it but the CRINGE is unreal. I feel like running away.

dudara - this was her personal Insta. She has a 'business' one with 14k followers but this one has 200. LOL. She would definitely have seen it :(

Ricosruffneck - totally not an issue i am just SCARLET. I wasn't gawking and I was with my partner at the time. I just think now that she'll think I was fiddling with myself looking at them or whatever when in reality I was just saying god she is a beauty, fair play, etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

No don't message her. Just leave it. You are waaaaayyyyy overthinking this.

She won't notice it, it's just another person liking a picture of her. Another drop in the ocean of her ego :rolleyes:

Your partner know and laughed it off, and they're right. You are seriously overthinking it. Just forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Jesus wept.this is actually an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerianam

I think that you need to reflect on why you are overthinking this. Do you have feelings for this woman ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Delete your Instagram account and never use it again and then deny any knowledge of ever having one.

Seriously over thinking this OP. I thought you were going to say you were stalking an ex or something via a fake facebook account or some other messed up crap but you liked a photo of friend. You hang out with this person, you are going on holidays with them, they are your friend so whats the big deal that you liked an old photo of theirs they posted to a public website? If your OH had found loads of sneaky photos you'd taken of her on your phone in a folder marked 'for personal use' then yes creepy but you liked a photo on app that is design for people to like photos. Just let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

OP I often get randomers liking old pics of mine on my insta. I tend to just assume they've found me via hashtags or something. Even if it's someone I know and they like and old post I wouldn't think it was weird. Algorithms are odd, they throw up old pics etc all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Jesus wept.this is actually an issue?

Mod:

This is an advice forum. We ask that posters reply with civil and constructive answers to an issue - no matter how trivial it may seem to you, it may not be trivial to the original poster. Or it might be trivial but they would like a bit of advice or perspective anyway.

Your post falls short of the standards we expect here in PI, so please keep this in mind for future posts.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

If she wasn't comfortable about putting up that photo in her first place, it wouldn't be on her Instagram. Being a model, she probably sees her body in a different way to other people anyway. The worst thing you can do now is draw attention to yourself by mentioning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

I liked a bikini pic of an ex of mine (posted years previously) a few months back. I unliked it immediately, but I wonder if she got a notification. I'd say if she did though she'd have found it funny and been slightly proud.

I wouldn't worry about it op. Happens all the time and it's no big deal.

Thanks for the replies, everyone, the cringe has significantly evaporated back into the ether but is still polluting my aura.

wiggle16 - thank you, you advice on here is always golden.

Mrcaramelchoc - no, it is not. When put into perspective then you're right it is not an issue. However, it made me very embarrassed and I couldn't shake it so came on here.

Gerianam - absolutely NOT.

gwalk - and change my identity?

baby and crumble - thanks for that and thanks can't log in!

Feel better now. Hopefully it will be forgotten about soon and then completely move on and never creep on her again!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Thanks OP.

As your issue appears to be resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Thanks & GRMA all who posted.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement