Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower repair?

Options
  • 01-04-2019 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭

I have a flymo electric lawnmower about five years old. It has not been overused. Now the engine is firing but blades are not rotating. Is it worth getting repaired and, if so, has anyone any recommendations in Clondalkin/Tallaght area. Advice welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sounds like a mechanical issue. I suspect it would be cheaper to replace even if repair was an option (which I doubt).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Long time ago I fixed one of those, a starting capacitor that had blown. A neighbor had two of them neither mower was working. Used the cap on one to get the other going

But that was ages ago they might not be configured like that now.

Advertisement