Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Teguise Family Holiday

Options
  • 31-03-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We stayed at Sands Beach Resort 2 years ago - lovely place. The only issue we had with the place at the time was there were no umbrealla's for shade around the pool area at all which I thought was not great being honest. Has anyone been to Sands Beach recently to know if they now have umbrealla's?

Looking at going back to Costa Teguise this year. Came across Barcelo Occidental. Does anybody have any experience of either resort in recent times? I see Occidental is 2.6km from Costa Teguise town while Sands Beach is 1.3km from Costa Teguise town. Don't really want to have to be getting taxi's to/from Costa Teguise each day would like to walk. Does anybody know if Barcelo Occidental have good kids entertainment at night?

Any recommendations/advice appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Tails142

Was in that Occidental Lanzarote Mar 2 years ago, was called something else then under the Barcelo banner. I thought it was great for family holidays, the food in the all inclusive package was the best I've ever been to, there was just a very good selection of food and it all tasted good and they have self serve bars around the place for booze... it's great!! We were thinking of going back this year but we decided against going on holiday as my wife is pregnant and we didn't want to risk travelling, but if we were going anywhere, it would have been back to there.

It is a bit far from any beach, but there is a lovely coast walk that you are only a couple of blocks from and that was really nice to walk along, down to beaches or wherever. The pools were fine and I remember there being a good few sun umbrellas. I didn't partake in the night time entertainment but we were over with other family members and they were taking part in shows at night and stuff like that so there seemed to be good stuff on, just not my cup of tea (I was helping myself to the self serve beer tap in the bar).

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Tails142 wrote: »
    Was in that Occidental Lanzarote Mar 2 years ago, was called something else then under the Barcelo banner. I thought it was great for family holidays, the food in the all inclusive package was the best I've ever been to, there was just a very good selection of food and it all tasted good and they have self serve bars around the place for booze... it's great!! We were thinking of going back this year but we decided against going on holiday as my wife is pregnant and we didn't want to risk travelling, but if we were going anywhere, it would have been back to there.

It is a bit far from any beach, but there is a lovely coast walk that you are only a couple of blocks from and that was really nice to walk along, down to beaches or wherever. The pools were fine and I remember there being a good few sun umbrellas. I didn't partake in the night time entertainment but we were over with other family members and they were taking part in shows at night and stuff like that so there seemed to be good stuff on, just not my cup of tea (I was helping myself to the self serve beer tap in the bar).

Thanks so much for the quick response on this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Has anybody been to Sands Beach in Costa Teguise recently? If so do you know if there are any sun umrella's around the pools? There were none when we were there in 2017.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

whodafunk wrote: »
    Has anybody been to Sands Beach in Costa Teguise recently? If so do you know if there are any sun umrella's around the pools? There were none when we were there in 2017.

Thank You

Go on TripAdvisor and message the hotel directly or ask the trip advisor community your question. You will get an answer..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Stayed at Sands Beach during the February mid-term break. There were no sun umbrellas around the pools then anyway, but then again, it wasn’t so important at that time of year. Obviously can’t speak for what might or might not be there during the summer months.
    So I guess in one way this answers your question, and in another way, it doesn’t….
    Enjoy your trip anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

By the way, if anybody else can recommend any other place in Costa Teguise that's got a good Kids Club, can you please post it here? Obviously very early days, but we're already thinking of a return trip for next year.

Advertisement