Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that evergreen!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cupressus invisibilia x non attachi.

Oh, that's better.

The skinny ones look like Cupressus sempervirens, Italian cypress.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maximus_1

Lumen wrote: »
    Cupressus invisibilia x non attachi.
    Indeed, they should be there now at the links!:)

Lumen wrote: »
    Oh, that's better.

The skinny ones look like Cupressus sempervirens, Italian cypress.

Thanks. I am looking for something like those as my garden isn't that big but would like to add some evergreens that would get to at least 10/12 feet which I would keep them at then. Any idea what the others are or suggestions for similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭blackbox

If you find some cupressus sempervirens for a reasonable price, be sure to let me know.

• Advertisement

Maximus_1 wrote: »
    Thanks. I am looking for something like those as my garden isn't that big but would like to add some evergreens that would get to at least 10/12 feet which I would keep them at then. Any idea what the others are or suggestions for similar?

You might consider Taxus baccata Fastigiata (Irish yew, upright form) which is native.

Some bigger ones here:

http://campbellplants.ie/search/?search_str=taxus+baccata

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭standardg60

They are all the same conifer.. Thuja emerald/smaragd.
    And yes they would be perfect for what you're looking for.. though I would suggest finding some Irish grown ones as the imports have a habit of turning brown.

They are all the same conifer.. Thuja emerald/smaragd.
    And yes they would be perfect for what you're looking for.. though I would suggest finding some Irish grown ones as the imports have a habit of turning brown.

Thanks very much. Do they take long to get to say 12 feet do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Maximus_1 wrote: »
    Thanks very much. Do they take long to get to say 12 feet do you know?
    https://www.johnstowngardencentre.ie/p/thuja-occidentalis-smaragd----emerald/thuja_smaragd

Advertisement