Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family visit/sea fishing advice sligo area

Options
  • 30-03-2019 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

My brother who is enthusiastic fisherman as me is coming to Ireland next week. I wonder if anyone kind could share some location where we could have a fun catching some pollocks.. it has to be of shore...

I dont mind driving within reason. He will be here for 3 days.... 1 day fly fishing...1 day spinning fresh water ..and i wanna do one day pier or harbour fishing...but i dont have a clue where....at this time of the year its going to be pollock most likely....

Can anyone kind share some place where to try? Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Often see people fishing at Easkey harbour, there is also fishing on the river below the bridge as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Often see people fishing at Easkey harbour, there is also fishing on the river below the bridge as far as I know.

....thank you honestly. Iwill give it a go 100% more likely harbour and bit of mackerel and see if we can hook some small fish .its not about size.... I just want him to catch something.

Hint: i practice catch and release no exceptions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Daryl Ewing runs a boat charter out of Rosses point, he may have a few free spots for a full or half day fishing. I've been out with Daryl a good few times, plenty of pollock and other species.

https://www.sligoboatcharters.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Daryl Ewing runs a boat charter out of Rosses point, he may have a few free spots for a full or half day fishing. I've been out with Daryl a good few times, plenty of pollock and other species.

https://www.sligoboatcharters.com/

Does he operate in april? I rang one and was told ..no fish in yet .will call in tomorrow morning.

Update:
    Rang him: no space this week

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skipper756

You can try Enniscrone or Mullaghmore. Both are good fishing spots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement