Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canned pumpkin

Options
  • 29-03-2019 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has tried giving canned pumpkin to their dog, specifically for bulking up stools? If you have, how much would you give and how often? I have a bichon with anal gland issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

saleda wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has tried giving canned pumpkin to their dog, specifically for bulking up stools? If you have, how much would you give and how often? I have a bichon with anal gland issues.

I haven’t able to source the canned pumpkin other than the sweet variety for pies/ desert. Where did u manage to get it ? I use phyllium husk to firm up my dogs stools !!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭saleda

coathanger wrote: »
    I haven’t able to source the canned pumpkin other than the sweet variety for pies/ desert. Where did u manage to get it ? I use phyllium husk to firm up my dogs stools !!
    I haven't got it yet but found some on Americanfood.ie. How much of the phyllium husk would you give your dog? Sounds like an easier option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Rawvolution.ie stock frozen puréed pumpkin

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

saleda wrote: »
    I haven't got it yet but found some on Americanfood.ie. How much of the phyllium husk would you give your dog? Sounds like an easier option.

I have an 8kg Jack Russell & I started off with a quarter teaspoon daily& led upto a level teaspoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Raw chicken wings are excellent for anal glands - with the advantage that dogs tend to love them too, and they're cheap - buy a tray in the supermarket, and you can freeze surplus...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

what food is your dog on

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭saleda

She's on Burns which is a very good dog food. I sourced the canned pumpkin and have been giving her a teaspoon with her dinner every day and it seems to be working very well. Fingers crossed no more problems. Thanks all for the replies.

Advertisement