Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Dogs Allowed?

Options
  • 29-03-2019 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭

So one of my local parks recently had an upgrade. They've put in a tarmac path around the outskirts and with this new 'upgrade' they've put up signs saying "No Dogs Allowed". So not just on leash but actually not allowed within the park.
    It's only a tiny park, about 300-400m perimeter but was handy to go for a quick stroll.
    What's my rights here before I go questioning this with the local council?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

You have the right to bring your dog to a park that allows dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭stesaurus

You have the right to bring your dog to a park that allows dogs.

No way, why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the super helpful comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You've no rights here. Why would you?

RossieMan wrote: »
    You've no rights here. Why would you?

It's a public park

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

stesaurus wrote: »
    It's a public park

That doesnt mean anything goes. The council has decided to keep it dog free for whatever reason and as a dog owner I'd respect that. There are plenty of other places dogs can be walked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Get on to your local councillor/s.....there's an election coming up...

Seven Worlds will Collide

eviltwin wrote: »
    That doesnt mean anything goes. The council has decided to keep it dog free for whatever reason and as a dog owner I'd respect that. There are plenty of other places dogs can be walked.

If that's the case then fair enough but that's all I wanted to know.
    I would have thought there would have to be some by laws passed to enact. I remember there being so much noise about DLRCC having to do that to stop dogs from being allowed on certain beaches.

Advertisement