Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for places that sell refurbished computers.

Options
  • 29-03-2019 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I've heard of these? Anyone know if they're any good?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Dell Outlet shop both Ireland and Europe. Just bought an Inspiron 15 5570. Check often as there can be several different offers during the day especially in the Euro shop. You have a choice of Refurbished, Dent and Scratch or New unused product.

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

I've heard of these? Anyone know if they're any good?

Thanks.

stuff seems old (years old going on the cpus in the machines) and overpriced for what it is.

as the other poster said Dell is the best option - uk outlet (think that I used parcel motel before for that), european outlet.

you get recent tech and it's basically new.

I bought a scratch and dent laptop and there wasn't a mark on it that I could see.

another point to note is that dell new prices are sometimes better value than refurbs

e.g. earlier this week they had a 12% off code running on the site.

the current stock on the irish refurb outlet is pretty bad value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You can also get cheap machines on Ebay. There's a machine being sold for 380 on that site in the OP, that you could get for about 120 on Ebay, for example.

Assuming it's for general use, something like this would be very fast and good for years, for just 160.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭blackbox

I've used Greenit.ie for used computers for a small business. No complaints and happy to recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Dell Outlet shop both Ireland and Europe. Just bought an Inspiron 15 5570. Check often as there can be several different offers during the day especially in the Euro shop. You have a choice of Refurbished, Dent and Scratch or New unused product.

Hi Emmersonn. Do you know if Dell can sell them without disk drives or with blank disk drives? I use GNU/Linux so don't want to pay for MS Windows since I won't use it.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

You can also get cheap machines on Ebay. There's a machine being sold for 380 on that site in the OP, that you could get for about 120 on Ebay, for example.

Assuming it's for general use, something like this would be very fast and good for years, for just 160.

Hi TF. Wow, that's incredibly cheap. Ebay looks to have many bargains alright.

blackbox wrote: »
    I've used Greenit.ie for used computers for a small business. No complaints and happy to recommend.

Cheers BB. I will check them out. I love the wording here: "pre-loved IT equipment." :-)

Hi Emmersonn. Do you know if Dell can sell them without disk drives or with blank disk drives? I use GNU/Linux so don't want to pay for MS Windows since I won't use it.

they sell some stuff with linux but it's a very very limited selection.

and without a hd of some sort - no

best to see it as what price is offered and if it seems good go for it.

depends what you want - new tech maybe dell, if old stuff will do (older ports like usb 2 etc, probably a bad screen if it's a laptop as screen tech like full hd ips lcd unlikely to be provided) then ebay

glasso wrote: »
    they sell some stuff with linux but it's a very very limited selection.

and without a hd of some sort - no

best to see it as what price is offered and if it seems good go for it.

depends what you want - new tech maybe dell, if old stuff will do (older ports like usb 2 etc, probably a bad screen if it's a laptop as screen tech like full hd ips lcd unlikely to be provided) then ebay
    Thanks. Ebay or these guys may be my best options for now.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Ebay or these guys may be my best options for now.

going by prices probably get a better deal on ebay

however if buying on ebay be quick about returns and check returns policy and use paypal for protection

paypal will only give you 90 days of course but better than nothing

with refurbs if for example a laptop the batteries may be shot so check what sort of info on batteries there is.

desktops you don't have that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

A few years ago I used www.refreshedbyus.com and found them very satisfactory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Don't know about blank drives but on the Euro site they sometimes have laptops running Ubuntu and are usually €100 - €150 cheaper than comparable running windows

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Have a look on adverts.ie, there a lot of second hand machines on sale.

http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=124

Advertisement