Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TVs

Options
  • 29-03-2019 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across any good deals, or what are the best deals out there for TVs from a retailer?

Need to get one this weekend and have been looking at Harvery Norman and Argos...any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I would highly recommend richersounds.ie,i have always had the best tvs from them and they offer a free 6 yr guarantee as well.
    They have a boards presence here as well good luck..https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Excellent, thanks I will check them out!

Are they only online?

Issue is I've left it last minute as life got in the way and need it by Monday when moving in to a new property?

Thanks,

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They have a shop in Belfast so ring them and ask about delivery times down here. Monday might be a stretch even for shops down here if they don't have it in stock.

Yeah, thinking I'm gonna need an off the shelf job from Currys/Harvery Norman. Argos seem to be that bit more expensive than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dmn22

Seen a 43 inch Phillips flat screen in Tesco for €280 which I thought was a great price. Not 4K compatible but still a great bargain in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Harvey Norman was doing a stock clearance at good rates as were DID and Powercity, about a month ago. Don't know if they still have any left. Might be worth checking?

Cheers, thanks for the suggestions.

That deal in Tesco seems excellent for a 43inch. Don't need it to be 4k compatible for the time being but might upgrade in a year or so.

I'll check my local Harvey Norman and DID too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Theres a bargain request forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks I will check them out!

Are they only online?

Issue is I've left it last minute as life got in the way and need it by Monday when moving in to a new property?

Thanks,

Tom

If it's a new tv for a new property, then don't rush into it for the sake of a day or two. You'll be looking at it for years like.

Act in haste, repent at leisure, or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Soarer wrote: »
    If it's a new tv for a new property, then don't rush into it for the sake of a day or two. You'll be looking at it for years like.

Act in haste, repent at leisure, or something like that.

I agree with this. Get onto Richersounds, they will recommend something good within your budget and you will have it next week. You might be without for a day or two, but it will be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Great time to get a bargain on a TV. The new models are just out/arriving imminently so the 2018 stuff will be going at a discount to clear stock. Not much has changed in the last year so you wouldn't be missing out on much in the way of features. In fact, the Sony are continuing with the highly recommended XF90 as their upper mid range telly for 2019 as there's not much reason for a new model.

Cheers for all the advice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Cheers for all the advice.

I've moved your thread to the 'Requests' forum, please use this for any future requests.

Advertisement