Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six new rights for EU electricity consumers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

At last electricity suppliers will be forced to pay for electricity exported to the grid by their customers. Its a pity we have to wait for the EU to force our government to act on this. This is good news I think it will only encourage more people to invest in solar PV. Now if we can just get the planning exemption expanded to cater for larger PV arrays.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That article is over a year old. I haven't heard any updates on it. Not holding my breath here about getting paid for my renewable micro generation. I'm going battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

unkel wrote: »
    That article is over a year old. I haven't heard any updates on it. Not holding my breath here about getting paid for my renewable micro generation. I'm going battery.

My guess is it will be in by the time your battery has paid for itself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

unkel wrote: »

Apologies this was PASSED 3 days ago http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20190321IPR32108/parliament-makes-eu-electricity-market-cleaner-and-more-consumer-friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

KCross wrote: »
    My guess is it will be in by the time your battery has paid for itself! :)

You know me, I've just got a great deal on an AC battery inverter second hand. DIY install with the help of my RECI neighbour. And it looks like I might be able to get my hands on a giant comms battery for very little money. Help me hope! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement