Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC PIR Quad - how to confirm if working after replacing battery?

Options
  • 28-03-2019 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hoping you can help me with this query. I have a HKC house alarm with 1 wired PIR and 2 wireless PIRs. When the alarm is not set the wired PIR will blink/flash a blue light every now and again (when senses movement?). Should the wireless PIRs do the same? I wasn’t sure if the wireless PIRs were working and replaced the battery in both. When I opened the units the alarm beeped, I entered the code on the alarm panel and the beeping stopped and then I replaced the battery and closed the unit. Is there any way to check that the PIR is working correctly other than setting the alarm and moving in front of the sensor? Hope you can help, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ideo wrote: »
    Hi all, hoping you can help me with this query. I have a HKC house alarm with 1 wired PIR and 2 wireless PIRs. When the alarm is not set the wired PIR will blink/flash a blue light every now and again (when senses movement?). Should the wireless PIRs do the same? I wasn’t sure if the wireless PIRs were working and replaced the battery in both. When I opened the units the alarm beeped, I entered the code on the alarm panel and the beeping stopped and then I replaced the battery and closed the unit. Is there any way to check that the PIR is working correctly other than setting the alarm and moving in front of the sensor? Hope you can help, thanks

The wire free PIR does not have a blinking led like a wired version to save on battery life.
    To walk test use the user walk test, 0#3 code on keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

altor wrote: »
    The wire free PIR does not have a blinking led like a wired version to save on battery life.
    To walk test use the user walk test, 0#3 code on keypad.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll give that a try

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ideo wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I’ll give that a try

You're welcome, any other questions let us know.

Advertisement