Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help trying to identify plants

Options
  • 28-03-2019 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭

I saw plants in a garden today that I would love to plant in mine. They spread out like lavender but they have pink or white small flowers on them i.e one of the plants had small pink flowers and the other white. Can anyone tell me what there name could be. I did a google search on the image but no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's really way too vague to identify billy. When you say they spread out like lavender do you mean they look like lavender flowers, or the greenery spreads in the same way. The only thing that comes to mind is thrift or sea pink - armeria.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭billyhead

looksee wrote: »
    That's really way too vague to identify billy. When you say they spread out like lavender do you mean they look like lavender flowers, or the greenery spreads in the same way. The only thing that comes to mind is thrift or sea pink - armeria.

Hi Looksee. They spread out like lavender plants.They were spread out beside each other in the border of the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭J Cheevor Loophole

Not great at sending links but have a look at Saxifrage online and see if it's the same plant, there is a Pink / White variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭standardg60

If it's flowering now Arabis is most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Not great at sending links but have a look at Saxifrage online and see if it's the same plant, there is a Pink / White variety.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fws.plantsnap2

That's what I use to identify plants and leaves, great app

• Advertisement
Advertisement