Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I’m feeling really guilty over money

Options
  • 28-03-2019 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I’ve cost my mother €200 because I accidentally scartched another women’s car. Therefore, she has to pay for it. Anyone else been in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

I’ve cost my mother €200 because I accidentally scartched another women’s car. Therefore, she has to pay for it. Anyone else been in this situation?

Sure why don't you just pay for it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

why cant you pay?
    even if your mother has to pay initially you could then pay her back in instalments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Pay her back in installments.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Therefore, you should have to pay for it.

Get a bucket of paint in Aldi for a tenner and just paint the car yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Old enough to drive so old enough to get a job and pay her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

It's no big deal. It's just €200 and no harm done. Of course pay your mother back when you can but don't worry too much about it.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Moved from Banking & Insurance & Pensions.

Posters, please note the Personal Issues Charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It depends. If you your mother's car without permission and went for a joyride then you should feel sorry. If it just happened when you were with her then I wouldn't overly feel guilty. Everyone makes mistake and this one is very minor.

If it was just one of those accidents that happen I wouldn't expect my kids to pay for it unless they earn their own money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Pay her back 20 quid a month for 10 months. Sorted.

That's what adults do.

Even if you can't do it now, do it out of your first ten monthly paychecks..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Mod warning:

Unless you have advice for the OP, don't post.

Posters do not need reminding that it is not acceptable to give out personal information about the OP in the thread. It's common sense - and the fact that two people have given out conflicting details shows how silly it is to do it. Don't engage in that again.

Wiggle16

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

It's not clear if you were driving when you did it or it happened another way. If you're working you can pay your mother back in instalments. If you're not working and still at school/college you might be able to get a summer job and pay your mother back in instalments then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I did something like this years ago when driving my parents' car. They paid for the damage to the other car and I paid them back. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

I was 14 and randomly ripped off a seat cover on a bus for literally no reason (pleasant quiet child up to this point). I paid it back from my confo money and then put that money back in through odd jobs for the auld fella.

Advertisement