Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing rifle stock/chassis from the US?

Options
  • 28-03-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Is there an affordable option for importing stocks/chassis from the US?

I asked one company and he said it's going to cost 200$ just for the export license, then there's postage, taxes, VAT....

Doesn't seem worth it for a 100$ item.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Hack12

Anything under $100.00 doesn't require an import license. Most say it as not interested in the hassle of shipping abroad. What are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

Hack12 wrote: »
    Anything under $100.00 doesn't require an import license. Most say it as not interested in the hassle of shipping abroad. What are you looking for?

Oh really? that's interesting. Was looking to get an Old Fort Arms or PMACA 10/22 takedown chasis.

Neither company seem interested in shipping it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

In your case since the stock takes AR buffer tube and pistol grip accessories it can fall under the lovely ITAR restriction.
    This is why Boyds had to change the name of there Tacticool Stock to the Pro varmint, just to make less work with exports.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

Damn it, oh well I'll have to rig something up myself.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kpd1982

https://www.starshooter.de/Schaefte-Zubehoer/Ruger-10-22/Schubschaefte/

The above are based in Germany and will ship to Ireland, not sure if there is anything there that you like the look of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement