Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID two plants

Options
  • 27-03-2019 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm in a rental house and the garden was a bit overgrown when we moved in a few months ago. While I was clearing out a raised bed, there were a couple of plants growing so I left them to see what they were - now that they've starting growing, can anyone help with identifying them and also if I should leave them be or pull them up?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I assume in the first pic you mean the smaller plants in the middle, right? Looks like buttercup or something like that to me, it's a weed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is the second pic a fuchsia maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

1st is a tree sapling, best removed, possible birch

2nd is a nice flowering shrub, Potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭MacDanger

miezekatze wrote: »
    I assume in the first pic you mean the smaller plants in the middle, right? Looks like buttercup or something like that to me, it's a weed anyway.

No, it was the little sapling I was talking about

That's what I was thinking, remove the first one and keep the second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭macraignil

You mean potentilla right?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could the sapling be hazel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

macraignil wrote: »
    You mean potentilla right?

Yes, autocorrect!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭J Cheevor Loophole

New Home wrote: »
    It's very possibly Hazel, good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Looks like you have your answer already but thought you might like to know about an app on my phone called 'PlantSnap' (I'm on android - not sure if it's on iphone)

I have yet to use it but apparently you just take a pic of the plant and it tells you what it is. I got it to help me solve some plant based puzzles :)

Edit - Just realised it looks for you to create an account so perhaps not for everyone although you can just link it to facebook etc

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »

Just looked up Hazel online and yes, those are definitely the leaves. Thanks.

Yes, autocorrect!!!

Perfect, thanks.

kingtut wrote: »
    Looks like you have your answer already but thought you might like to know about an app on my phone called 'PlantSnap' (I'm on android - not sure if it's on iphone)

I have yet to use it but apparently you just take a pic of the plant and it tells you what it is. I got it to help me solve some plant based puzzles :)

Edit - Just realised it looks for you to create an account so perhaps not for everyone although you can just link it to facebook etc

Will have a look at that ðŸ‘

Advertisement