Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenlo Abbey

Options
  • 27-03-2019 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hi,
    Any member of Glenlo Abbey on Boards.
    Just moved to Galway and thinking of Joining there. Right beside where I work.

Positives, Negatives etc

Any info would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Used to be poor but a lot of investment gone in the last few years. It looks great now but haven;t played it since last spring.

I regularly use the range there, and its well looked after.
    No idea what club vibe is like there though. hotel setting, no clubhouse either I think.
    Its a 9 hole course. Some good holes (4 & 6 particularly) and great views over lough Corrib.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

boban z wrote: »
    hi,

Positives, Negatives etc

cheers
    not a member obviously but I've played it a number of times while staying in Galway area and I'd have to say it's a fine course and a decent test, Don't know about club vibe or set up but as the saying goes the best club to join and cheapest in long run is the nearest one to you as you will make use of it..Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

boban z wrote: »
    hi,

Positives, Negatives etc

cheers

The older generation will tell you that Glenlo had the best greens in Connacht years ago but the place went to sh1t for a good number of years. I'd say its about 7/8 years ago now that they started putting big money into the course again. They called time on the double greens. Greens were massive and you had to play to a different colour flag the second time around. So now you just play the same course twice. I haven't played it since late last summer but back then it was in pristine condition. The course is now very well looked after and any time I drive passed it en route to the driving range I always comment on how good it looks. Green fees are now very steep though. €35 for nine holes is a bit much tbh. €45 for non GUI.
    As previous posters said though. not sure what the club vibe is like. No clubhouse at the moment but there is definite plays to build something where the driving range cabin is currently.

Advertisement