Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parish Church 98.5FM

Options
  • 26-03-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Noticed in the last while that the Parish Church broadcasts its cermons on 98.5FM. I’ve picked it up quite a number of times over the past few months. Anyone know how long it’s been on, what power it’s running etc? It has a great range, picked it up at full strength about as far out as the Seanachai.
    There are a fair few of these church stations around the country, no idea who engineers them and that - think there is (or was) one in Tramore as well. At any rate, this one on St Mary’s is Dungarvan’s only pirate radio station!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I've heard it mentioned in the last couple of years alright -no idea of setup.

Do they just broadcast mass, or do they blast out some bangers on a Friday night???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

noby wrote: »
    I've heard it mentioned in the last couple of years alright -no idea of setup.

Do they just broadcast mass, or do they blast out some bangers on a Friday night???

I actually stayed tuned in as long as I could after the Mass to see, but I lost it soon after. You could hear people filing out of the church
    I’d love to either highjack it or take it over between masses, play a few chunes

Advertisement